HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR

Chúc mừng năm mới! Happy (Lunar) New Year!
As a Vietnamese American, I celebrate the Vietnamese New Year (Tết). I've been celebrating this day with my mom since I was a little girl. It brings back memories of red envelopes with "lucky" money (lì xì), eating special foods like sticky rice cakes with pork and beans wrapped inside (bánh chưng), and sometimes going to see a dragon dance. It's also a time when we remember and honor our ancestors.
To prepare for the New Year I cleaned my entire apartment from top to bottom, fresh sheets included, and to celebrate I'm going to visit my mom in Florida. And... of course, I got a new outfit. It's tradition to buy new clothes in bright colors and often wear red, because red symbolizes good luck and warmth.

This outfit is currently on sale at Zara. The top was only $12.99 and the skirt only $19.99! The shoes are older but also Zara. If your Zara is out, here are some similar options:

Do you celebrate the Lunar New Year? What are your traditions? 

CONVERSATION

5 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful & happy, I love it! Happy New Year & kudos to you on cleaning your entire apartment, it's one of the best feelings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl. You look amazing! The 1st photo? WOW! Love this outfit. Love it. I'm still in the process of cleaning my closet. Already have bags filled with stuff I'm gonna sell/donate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Cleaning out the closest is such a pain to do but very necessary. I've been a semi-hoarder and so I'm trying to be better about doing it every month or so!

      Delete