the dress

Dress: by Parker, picked out by Barbara Barnett from Saks Fifth Avenue (available in white at Neiman Marcus & in grey at Revolve/ Floral Biker Jacket: Zara, sale (similar & on sale here!) / Shoes: Giuseppe Zanotti / Bag: Chanel / Nails: OPI, Hopelessly in Love

Remember when I told you I wrote an article on personal shoppers in DC for the Washingtonian? (No worries if you don't, just click here.) While the goal of the article was to find the best personal shopper in DC, my primary goal was to find a dress to wear on my anniversary date with my husband. I'm happy to tell you this past weekend we had our big date, and I finally got to wear my sparkly dress! On our agenda for that day - see the The Addam's Family musical at The Kennedy Center and then have dinner at Bourbon Steak. I love to get dressed up (obviously) so I knew I wanted to wear something extra special this day and that that something needed to be elegant, fun, flirty, and comfortable - all characteristics that my husband makes me feel everyday. The weather was slightly rainy and cool which allowed me to wear this really cool floral biker jacket I found at the Zara sale. I love how the jacket made the dress more wearable for the day but also gave my look some edge. 

What do you think? Did I pick the right dress?

CONVERSATION

10 comments:

  1. Very lovely dress girl! Congrats on your anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely picked the right dress. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great floral biker jacket!! Perfect touch to the sequin parker dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this dress! Nothing beats sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh this is a pretty combination! I really love the floral over top and the sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! This is such a stunning dress...like how you styled it with the jacket.

    www.fashionpastiche.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love love LOVE this look! it's perfect! and i'm so jealous you saw the addam's family - i'm definitely getting tickets the next time i'm in ny!

    xx theflossylife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really cute show! I think you'll enjoy it.

      Delete
  8. Yes! You look sooo gorgeous! You have to tell me! When is your anniversary?!? We celebrated ours on Saturday too! Ours is the 23rd :) xx

    ReplyDelete