happy halloween

Dress: Meeps Vintage / Boots: Dolce Vita / Nails: OPI, Ski Teal We Drop / Lips: NARS, Heat Wave / Earrings: Borrowed from Jamie

In case you're living under a rock and didn't hear, Hurricane Sandy swept up the NE and disrupted all of Monday and most of Tuesday in DC. I had a lot of rain and wind but was fortunate enough not lose power or have any damage. I hope those impacted by Hurricane Sandy fared okay and are still able to celebrate Halloween in some way.  

This year, my husband and I dressed up as Popeye and Olive Oyl. I've gotten to the age where dressing provocatively for Halloween doesn't appeal to me anymore. So when the ladies at Meeps showed me this costume, I knew it was the one - demure and warm enough for a temperature drop.

Happy Halloween, Everyone! Are you dressing up? What are your plans tonight?

CONVERSATION

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute costume! I'm like you and don't care to dress scantily for Halloween. I don't dress up at all though.. just never celebrated it growing up haha But I'd def wear this!

    Alissa
    FeelingGoodFashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I can't deal w/other people dressing scantily anymore, nevermind myself! This is the first year I don't have a costume but may need to throw something together for trick-or-treating tonight- good thing Pinterest exists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that first photo of you, such a great outfit idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even more of a treat in person !
    It was a blast spending Saturday night with you !

    Jem xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome outfit! I love the skirt:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit! I kept telling my boyfriend I wanted to dress up and do a couple costume but we're procrastinators.. :/ lol

    http://politicsofpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, I love it!! I saw it on instagram, but now I can get the full effect .. too cute :)

    ReplyDelete