A MODERN LEISURE SUIT

Plaid Blazer: Zara. Blouse: Brooks Brothers. Pants: Zara. Shoes: Zara. Bag: 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target. Lips: Maybelline Color Elixir Signature Scarlet, c/o. Photos taken by Carrrrlis.

Want my look? Click on the images below for similar/the same pieces. Products may be available in other colors.


Here's my nod to the leisure suit. The suit that became very popular in the 1970s as the inexpensive suit that could be worn to the office and also out to the disco clubs. I've made the look more modern by wearing a blazer with leather accents and pants with wide legs as opposed to bellbottoms. I'm also experimenting with monochrome by wearing all one color underneath my blazer. I think it helps to elongate a petite frame.

What do you think? Do you like wearing suits? Could you wear one out?  

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I love pants cut like that! So hard to find a good pair for me! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elle! I need to stock-up on more pairs like this. My problem is that they're typically too long. I had to get these tailored. Keep looking out though - I think they'd be great on you! xo

      Delete