VEUVE CLICQUOT #VCTASTING


I first developed a strong affinity for Veuve Clicquot about 6 years ago and have since made it my drink of choice. My husband and I shared a bottle on our wedding night, and it's always in our glass when we ring in the New Year. I loooove love love Veuve Clicquot. (Veuve is pronounced like "love" afterall). So when VC contacted me to attend an intimate champagne tasting dinner hosted by their Winemaker Cyril Brun and their Director of Communications Christine Kaculis, I had to pinch myself. Then the good news kept coming... The event was held at my favorite farm-to-table restaurant, Table, and each attendee was encouraged to share their experience on Instagram and Twitter using #VCTasting. Veuve Clicquot + Table + not frowned upon Instagramming at dinner?! - that's my kind of hat-trick.


The weather was near perfect as we sipped Veuve Clicquot Rosé (in celebration of Cherry Blossom season) as an aperitif on Table’s roof top and nibbled on cheese, charcuterie, and escargot. Then we were seated to an unbelievably beautiful dinner.

All photos by Mike Kandel

Cyril Brun led us through a deliciously paired champagne tasting. The first course was a poached farm egg with ostera caviar, beurre blanc and chives paired with flutes of Veuve Clicquot Non Vintage Rosé. Next, we were served a choice of lamb carpaccio with cucumber roulade or a root bowl with fresh vegetables and purple mustard. I chose the lamb carpaccio, and it was divine! Both dishes were paired with the Veuve Clicquot Vintage Rosé 2004. For the third course, we dined on a choice of New York strip in a red wine sauce (my choice) or branzino en papilotte with white fennel, olives, and lemon. Each paired with La Grande Dame Rosé 2004. Ending on a sweet note, we enjoyed a cheesecake mousseline with graham cracker financier and blood orange sorbet paired with flutes of Veuve Clicquot Demi Sec.

I walked away happily full and with an even better understanding that Rosé goes well with everything. Details about what I wore that night can be found here.

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. I love how you describe the scene...it makes me feel like if I was actually there. Deliciously glamorous♥

    Lakshmi in Trance

    ReplyDelete