sip and shop

Just as I was making a list of Virginia wineries to visit this Fall, I coincidentally received an invite to a special "Sip and Shop" event at Early Mountain Vineyards with Urban Chic Boutique.  

Early Mountain Vineyards, formerly known as Sweely Estate, was renovated by social entrepreneurs, Jean and Steve Case who believe "that Virginia has the potential to compete with some of the best wine regions in the world." (If you're thinking their names are familiar it's probably because they're former execs of AOL.) Unlike many of their peers, Early Mountain features several different award-winning Virginia wineries along side their Early Mountain wines and a menu filled with meats, cheeses, and other fare from surrounding farms. 
 Upon arrival we were served glasses of Thibaut-Janisson sparkling wine with wild edible orchids, the preferred wine of The White House.

Above, Carlis and Katya of SpicyCandyDC enjoy the breathtaking grounds. 

Pictured left: Natalie from Fashionably Broke taking pictures of Jamie from High Heeled Traveler. Pictured right: Wine Tasting - Bright Lights & Bubbles tasting flight.

The modern building and surrounding area are so beautiful that I found myself dreaming of having another wedding there. In the mean time, I plan to bring back my husband and bulldog (Early Mountain is pet-friendly) to spend the day out there - tasting wines on the back porch, eating lunch, and relaxing on one of their hammocks with a book. Sounds perfect, doesn't it?

Shirt: BR / Skirt: Carnelian Boutique / Shoes: H&M / Clutch: H&M / Necklace: H&M / Sunglasses: Ray-Ban / Nails: Essie - Navigate Her / Pics of me by Natalie

What was also perfect was the lighting for pictures. You may have noticed from my pictures that my button-up shirt doesn't quite rest smoothly in the chest area, which is odd since my bust is what I would describe as small. So when stylist Wendy Pilch spoke about Rochelle Behrens' The Shirt I was immediately intrigued. The Shirt is an innovative blouse with a patented dual button technology that prevents the top from gaping open near the buttons. Genius. The Shirt is available for purchase at Urban Chic Boutique.

Thank you to Early Mountain Vineyards and Urban Chic Boutique for the best blogger event I've attended to date! And a special thanks to Reston Limo for treating us all to a safe ride there and back to DC.

Want my look? Click on the images below for similar pieces. 

CONVERSATION

4 comments:

  1. I love all these posts about this shopping/wine tasting trip. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing about The Shirt! I have the opposite problem as you which makes it difficult to find non-gaping button ups. May just have to invest in one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks likes so much fun & love all the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you were able to come and you looked fantastic! We will be in touch soon :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete