lincoln day

Are you looking for something to do to celebrate President's Day? If you are in the DC area (and assuming you have the day off), how about a Lincoln themed day? 

I put together this 'Lincoln Day' for one of my best friends who is soon to move away from DC. We had such a lovely time that I thought the idea should be shared. I love any excuse to play tourist in my own city.

On my 'Lincoln Day' I wore all black everything. 
Turtleneck: Express (similar) / Skirt: H&M (similar) / Bag: Chanel / Shoes: Christian Louboutin (similar) / Tights: J.Crew / Sunglasses: Karen Walker Wizard

Here is the itinerary:
Visit the Lincoln Memorial
(2 Lincoln Memorial Circle NW; 20037)

(511 10th Street NW; 20004, 516 10th Street NW; 20004)
Tickets are free unless you want to reserve spot(s) in advance here

1110 Vermont Avenue NW; 20005 
Make reservations here.

The movie is still showing at Gallery Place in Chinatown - 701 7th Street NW; 20001
Buy tickets here.

And... if you want to make the day extra special, you can request Uber to chauffer you from place to place in a Lincoln Town Car!  

(President Washington - I realize President's Day is meant to celebrate both your birthday and Lincoln's, but I haven't come up with a 'Washington Day'...yet. Please forgive me and Happy Birthday!) 

Have a great weekend!

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. this is a fun post. I haven't really celebrated presidents day in a really long time. I love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dress, very classy. Love the volume of the skirt.

    How about following each other? Let me know on my blog!

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete