BLO HEARTS YOU

Last week, I was treated to a complimentary blowout at blo blow dry bar in Dupont. It was the perfect opportunity to get my hair done for a Memorial weekend full of family wedding events. If you've never been to blo for a blowout, here's the pampering you can expect...


First pick out your hairstyle from the blo hair menu while sipping on bottomless mimosas, champagne, water, or tea (there may be more options but it was kind of hard for me to pay attention after I heard mimosa). I also chose the "holly would" hair style.


Next you'll talk about what you want with your stylist aka blo boss. I stressed to my blo boss, Denise, that I needed my curls to last for at least two days and was open to any products or styling techniques she had to make that happen.

After the consult, you'll get shampoo'd. The shampoo bowls at blo are the most comfortable bowls I've ever placed my neck on (and my neck always hurts). I have some pictures of the shampoo area, but they were all "up the nose pictures" and well, no one wants to see that. One thing that stood out to me during the wash was that Denise switched to cool water when she rinsed the conditioner. The cool water helps to lock in moisture which protects your hair from heat.

Once you're shampoo'd, your blo boss then works her magic.


I'm not a huge fan of small talk, but Denise was very personable, sweet, and easy to talk to. Though if you're not in the mood to chat or just need to stay on top of your email, blo has free WiFi available and a place to charge your phone. There's also a hook at the station to hang your purse. Those small details are important to me.


Look at those curls and that volume!!! Most blow outs take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour but my thick hair took a little over an hour to style.


What do you think? I love it and wish my hair could look like this every day! *cough* *cough* They sell gift certificates. *cough* *cough* 

Thank you so much to blo Dupont and chief style boss, Denise, for helping my hair look beautiful all weekend! xo

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Hair looks so bouncy and beautiful!!! They definitely did a great job, even though you have gorgeous hair.

    Lakshmi in Trance

    ReplyDelete