HOW TO GET A ROUGHED-UP PONYTAIL WITH GARNIER


Back in May, my friend Natalie swept me away for fun trip to Brooklyn, NY. You may remember this picture of me getting my make-up done and thought, what's she up to? I'm giddy to finally share that Natalie invited me to be in a hair tutorial video with Garnier!! If you know me at all, you know hair styling is not something I'm great at. My hair is either semi-wet, straight & flat, or blown out by someone else. So I was really excited for this opportunity to learn a new look.


The roughed-up \ messy ponytail is such an easy hairstyle and looks good with everything in my closet. It's a great way to look and keep cool on a hot summer day, but I also see myself wearing this style into fall and winter when my hair becomes a static mess underneath. At least the mess would make more sense this way.

It's no secret that I can be \ feel shy at times so to have a director, a sound guy, camera guy, reps from Garnier, and 5+ other people watching my every move was incredibly nerve racking for me. I was so nervous that the make-up team had to put make-up on my chest because it was turning bright red. HA! Natalie, on the other hand, was such a natural in front of the camera. She's amazing. As uncomfortable as I was, I love pushing and challenging myself to do things a little over my comfort edge. The outcome was definitely worth it. Thanks so much for asking me to be a part of it, Natalie! xo

PS - This is the 2nd time Natalie and I have starred in a video together. Check out our first video here. Details on my look in the video here.

CONVERSATION

1 comments: