NEWBORN LIFESTYLE SESSION WITH YEHUDIS GOLDFARB PHOTOGRAPHY

Sharing a few favorite moments from our photo shoot with Yehudis Goldfarb Photography.



I'm SO HAPPY Yehudis contacted me while I was pregnant to see if I would be interested in a Newborn Lifestyle Session. I took one look at her portfolio and knew I wanted to work together!

To be honest, I wasn't planning on hiring anyone to take newborn photos of Blair. My husband and I talked about it and in our arrogance, thought that we would just take some newborn pictures of her ourselves. THIS IS A BAD IDEA. In those early days with a new baby, you're tired, very tired, and it feels like there's no time. Frankly, I looked like a hot mess for several weeks and needed the help of a professional to look good in photos. If you're a picture lover like me, hire someone who knows what they're doing and can capture the whole family together. I would start looking for newborn photographers while you're pregnant.

I love candid pictures, ones where it seems like the people in them don't know their picture is being taken. I love pictures that capture honest moments and make you feel like you're in the picture too. That's exactly what Yehudis does. During our shoot, she made us feel completely comfortable, and it was really nice and easy having her come to our home. I smile at every picture she took and think she perfectly captured the love that we feel for our sweet Blair.

If you're wondering about the pink poms behind us in the 2nd picture, they're from our baby shower. I have plans for them in her future nursery! Also, a cute story about my husband - I bought those salmon colored pants for him last year. He wore them once, and I could tell he wasn't a huge fan of the color. The day of the shoot, he put together this outfit by himself and said "I think Blair will like it." She's got him wrapped around her finger already.

If you're looking for a family photographer in the DC area, check out Yehudis' website and be sure to sign up for her FREE E-BOOK called “Photographing Your Family’s Everyday – 75+ ideas for documenting life’s fleeting moments”! You can also find her on Instagram, Facebook, Google+, and Pinterest.

Thank you so much for these beautiful pictures, Yehudis! We will cherish them always!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment