pastel prep

Sweater: J. Crew / Shirt: Brooks Brothers / Shell: J. Crew / Pants: BR / Bracelet: J. Crew (similar here) / Shoes: Zara (last seen here) / Shades: D&G / Watch: Michael Kors / Ring: BR (similar here) / Nails: Essie Lovie Dovie

When I was a little girl, my mom would make a special sherbert punch for her summer social gatherings. I remember watching her mix orange, raspberry, and lime sherbert together (with some other ingredients) in a large crystal punch bowl and then impatiently waiting for the moment when she would say it was okay for me to ladle some into my cup. I was so enamored by the colorful concoction and the way she looked when she was making it. 

My mom just celebrated her 51st birthday last week with family and friends overseas. Since I wasn't able to join the party, I wore this outfit in celebration of my mom and her sugary sweet punch. 

Has food ever inspired your outfit? Please share! 

CONVERSATION

5 comments:

  1. Love this outfit! I've never had food inspire an outfit but I like the idea.... I may have to start thinking about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food inspires me in so many ways! Too often it's to nap after I've over indulged though. :)

      Delete
  2. It was great running into you at Blogger's Night Out in NY! Loved your outfit!

    xo,Cortnie
    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that food was your inspiration for this outfit! Your accessories pop perfectly against the minty green sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad we met too!! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete