SMU Video Lookbook: behind the scenes

When Spicy Candy DC and The President Wears Prada ask you to take part in a video lookbook they are co-producing for South Moon Under, the only logical reaction is YES! YES! YES! Sign me up!

South Moon Under has one of the best eclectic mixes of clothing, accessories, jewelry, and home goods - offering many of my favorite brands: Rebecca Minkoff, Dolce Vita, Citizens of Humanity, Jennifer Zeuner, Marc by Marc Jacobs, House of Harlow...

For the video lookbook we wanted to show how easy it is to take SMU pieces From Day to Night! Whether it's an addition of some sparkly jewelry or a pairing with skinner high heels, many clothing pieces can easily perfom double duty. Purchasing versatile clothing is an absolute must for every person who has a small closet (like me).  

Below are some behind the scenes pictures from our shoot.
Taking a little coffee break with my friends from Fashionably Broke. Katya from Spicy Candy DC sneaking a peek of us.
Erika showing off her beautiful smile and foam moustache.
Natalie looks adorable in her knit headband.
Showing off my new SMU booties. Love them and that they make me appear as tall as the sisters of Fashionably Broke.
Trying not to look cold.
I have to admit I was pretty nervous about being filmed. When taking pictures for my blog, we take over 100 shots to get just the right ones. I spend most of the time laughing at myself (part of the fun for me), but video is continuous frames! 

Then I realized I would be spending a few days with my friends (those Fashionably Broke sisters are hilarious!), styling beautiful SMU clothes, and filming with Marshall Johnson behind the lens! What did I have to worry about? Absolutely Nothing! I had SO much fun! Can we do it again, guys?

Check back soon for a video lookbook teaser and don't forget to RSVP to our release party

CONVERSATION

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the vid! Love everyone involved in this collaboration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for participating in this collab!! ;) you and the FB girls did an amazing job at taking direction and styling your outfits! SUPERSTARS <3
    Carlis
    www.spicycandydc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the behind the scenes pics.. can't wait til the party!!

    xx - molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being able to something this cool, you ladies look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Can't wait for the even on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete