bleu, blanc, rouge


I love all things new, whether it be new clothes, furniture, learning new things, wearing old clothes in a new way, traveling to new places...you get picture. I especially love trying new restaurants. My husband is the complete opposite. He loves going to the same place, getting to know the owners/bartenders by name, and making a place "his spot". So as a compromise, we try to do both. Last week was my turn so we had date night at a new french restaurant called Le Diplomate.

Le Diplomat is everything I imagine a restaurant in France is like. The exterior reminds me of the famous Pastis in NYC, and the indoor/outdoor patio reminds me of the scene from Renoir's painting Luncheon of the Boating Party (which I've seen in-person! at The Phillips Collection in DC, but I digress). The atmosphere is fabulous. 

When I go out to eat, I like to order things that I probably wouldn't cook at home (again new food!). We started with the mushroom tart. Then for entrees I ordered the Rabbit en Giblotte special and my husband the Duck Breast and Leg Confit - both paired with the Newton Red Label Chardonnay. The mushroom tart and duck confit were magnifique, but the rabbit was too salty for me. Overall, it was a really romantic night. We definitely want to go back on a Tuesday for the Lobster Risotto special and to try some desserts.

Though, I do love a theme (remember my Lincoln Day?), I totally didn't plan to wear French colors, or coincidentally, a dress with pleated crepes. I wasn't even sure we would be able to get a table with no reservations. For walk-ins the wait that night was about an hour, but that gave us the perfect opportunity to walk down to Black Whiskey (another DC newbie) for cocktails. If you're in the area, I'd recommend checking out both places. 
  
This date night look was inspired by the stunning Jane from Sea of Shoes. While I don't think I wear the look as well as Jane, I still felt tres chic! Also, these Anthropologie sunglasses are my new favorite shades. They're not a bad price either. Get them here.

Dress: Cut25 by Yigal Azrouel (also love this one) \\ Vest: Zara (similar) \\ Shoes: Zara, old (same pair by Vince here) \\ Bag: LV Speedy 25 \\ Sunglasses: Anthropologie \\ Watch: Michael Kors  \\ Lips: NARS Heat Wave


Do you love trying new restaurants, or do you have go-to spots? What are they and where? I'd love to know and maybe check them out!

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. Good Looking I really love that vest! I may have to check out these Sunnies. I need to upgrade my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty outfit! There is a great restaurant I have been telling everyone about lately, but it is a bit of a hike! It's called Mokomandy and is in Sterling but it could give you an excuse to hit up the Leesburg Outlets while you are out that way! It's a Korean-Cajun fusion and if you go I highly recommend the pot roast sliders and the cheese dip (comes with homemade beef jerky!). Definitely become a new favorite of me & the bf's!

    Kamola
    www.99boxesofshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vest is kickass! Will try to check out both spots, especially Black Whiskey.

    ReplyDelete